What is Mobile First Indexing ?
Mobile-first indexing use the mobile version of the page of a website for indexing and ranking in Google search. The mobile first index means that Google search engine will consider mobile friendly websites first when deciding how to rank content. If your website has a mobile version or responsive design, Google might rank you based on how your website performs on different Operating System and different mobile devices
Should You Consider It?
That’s mean you should consider it for your website. It will definitely increase the ranking of your site.
Some Practices for site having separate URLs :
- Verify Both version of your website In Google Search Console.
- Check hreflang on separate URLs.
- Verify that your robots.txt directives and meta Tags works.
- Make sure you have the correct
rel=alternatelink elements between your mobile and desktop versions.
- Your mobile site should contain the same content as your desktop site.
- Structured data should be present on both versions of your site.